This website is brought to you by Cameron House Lodges Ltd with registered office at One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS and registered number 09831288 (we, our or us). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 up to and including 24 May 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 thereafter (the Data Protection Legislation), we are the data controller (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data) with registration number ZA174956.
- Information collected
- We collect personal information from:
- visitors to the site; and
- every time you e-mail us your details or correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, enquire about an event, place a reservation on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site or enter a competition, promotion or survey, and if you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial and credit card information.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- this information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide goods and services and to improve your experience with us.
- Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data and receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance).
- Use of personal Information
We process the personal information you have provided to us for the purposes of:
- dealing with your requests;
- providing reservation services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- tailoring our services to your requirements and preferences; and
- conducting market research surveys and providing you with information about products and services we offer (where you have provided us with your consent to do so).
We process personal information we have collected about you for the purposes of:
- administering our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improving our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Where we have received personal information from other sources, we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if all, or substantially all, of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- Data Retention
We will retain your information in line with our Data Retention Policy.
- Internet Based Transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this web site and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing personal data in this way.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device such as a computer when a user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) or they can be stored for longer.
- Session cookies
These allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket as they browse around a site. They could also be used for security or to facilitate use of webmail. These session cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term.
- Persistent cookies
These are stored on a users’ device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising
- First and third party cookies
Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. First party cookies in basic terms are cookies set by a website visited by the user – the website displayed in the URL window. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the one being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third party cookie.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
This website uses the following cookies. You can delete, remove your consent and/or block cookies sent to you from this website but parts of the website may not then work.
- Cookie Name Purpose More Information
|_ga; _gat; _gid||These cookies are used to distinguish users.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Utmc; utmz; utmb; utma; PREFNID; IDE||These functional cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|Devere – sso||These cookies allow you to sign onto our site.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|id||We use this cookie to serve more relevant ads across the site and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|datr||This cookie allows you to like or share our posts via your own Facebook account.|
|c_user; xs; act; fr; m_pixel_ratio; pl; presence; sb; spin; wd||These cookies contain the Facebook user ID and are found in other companies’ internet tools which enhances your experience on our site.|
|PHPSESSID||This functional cookie stores user login information to enable a smooth user experience.|
|TawkConnectionTime; _tawkuuid; cookiescriptaccept; _cfduid; ss; tawkUUID||These are third party cookies that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service.|
|CM; PMC; ServerPool; TACds; TART; TASSK; TASession; TATravelInfo; TAUD; TAUnique||These are third party cookies that allow the visitor to view embedded content from Tripadvisor.|
- How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- This Web Site is Not Directed at Persons Under the Age of 18
Our web site is not directed at persons under the age of 18, and Cameron Lodges does not collect or maintain information at our Web site from persons we actually know are under the age of 18.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will ask you when we collect your personal data if we can use your data for such purposes or if we can disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can opt-out of receiving such marketing at any time.
- Access to information
Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
- Right to be Forgotten
In certain circumstances you can request us to delete all information we hold which identifies you. You can make this request at any time by contacting us at email@example.com but please note we may be compelled to maintain your information due to specific legislative or regulatory requirements, for example we keep copy invoices in case of an HMRC investigation.
- Data Corrections
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org providing us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and specifying the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
- Third Party Links
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.